The Chapter of All Saints – AU100/01
East St. Kilda, Melbourne
Interim Secretary : Geoffrey Dye
After a dormant period of approximately fifty years, the All Saints’ Chapter has been revived.
It consists of thirteen Servers at All Saints Church, East St Kilda and although small, the Chapter hopes to attract members from neighbouring parishes. All Saints’ is the largest Anglican parish church in Melbourne, with a foundation stone laid in 1858. Six Servers were inducted into the Guild on Laetare Sunday. These were Gregory Sobey, Peter Lemin, Andrew Hartland and junior members Hugh Kabengele (Head Chorister in the All Saints’ Choir), Benjamin Muyemba and Philip Edselius. The Chapter’s original banner has been located and now stands in the church, near the Sanctuary.
Due to the COVID pandemic restrictions, the new members had been waiting since March 2020 to be admitted. The junior members, all of whom are Trebles in the All Saints’ Choir, had been serving at limited services since March. Most restrictions were lifted in December and the juniors will serve during the school holidays. The Induction ceremony was conducted by Fr René Knaap (Parish Priest), assisted by Fr James Bishop (Associate Priest). In line with COVID requirements, wrapped biscuits and take-away tea and coffee were available for the large congregation, provided by the Parish’s Social and Outreach Committee in the Hall, after the Service.
The Chapter will hold its inaugural meeting early in the New Year.